Pages

Monday 19 May 2014

STYLE INSPO // DAISY LOWE

STYLE is experimenting. 
Style is Monday taking your inspiration from Kanye West and Friday channelling Audrey Hepburn.

In the past couple of years I've experimented with lots of different styles, from boho-chic inspired by Vanessa Hudgens to A$AP Rocky's street style. I'm constantly evolving as a person and that has a huge impact on my fashion - but - there is one 'style' I seem to naturally gravitate too & that's a mixture of indie/grunge/rock. It's quite hard to categorise my style, so I decided I'd do a series here on my blog entitled 'STYLE INSPO', looking at designers + people that influence and inspire my personal style.



I draw a lot of inspiration from males, but there's one female that doubles as my biggest style inspo & ultimate girl crush, Daisy Lowe.

D A I S Y    L O W E
British model [aged 25], Daisy has modelled for Urban Outfitters, been used by Burberry, was hand picked by Karl Largerfeld to appear on the Chanel runway...& that's just a few of the massive names that've snapped her up. Featured in VOGUE, ELLE, GQ and Interview Magazine as well as being best buds with the likes of Nick Grimshaw and Alexa Chung, Daisy has that effortless-super-cool vibe. She's one of the people I consistently look to for style inspo. Daisy has a really unique eclectic style, she knows what she likes and what suits her. She can go from messy hair, jeans and a leather jacket to chic and put together in seconds...but when it comes to Daisy, there's no outfit that doesn't go with boots.

C A S U A L

So yanno when I mentioned Daisy's whole effortlessly-cool vibe, well these outfits are the evidence. I love that whenever she's papped out n about in Primrose Hill or other cool parts of London, she looks so normal. 
Daisy has an incredible figure, that's totally normal, she has boobs, a bum, hips and thighs like the rest of us gals. To me this is really refreshing and makes her even more of a style inspiration to me as her outfit choices are actually wearable in real life. 
Black skinny jeans are an essential, if you don't have 'that' pair of black skinny jeans that you wear anywhere and everywhere...you need to find a pair ASAP! Daisy incorporates a masculine vibe with strong boots and a leather jacket but adds her own feminine twist with a red lip or a crop top. 
These two looks contrast the same outfit from day to night. In the first pic, the tied crop-top and minimal [if no] make-up look are super laid back, whereas in the second snap, she's vamped up the make-up look with some red lipstick and gone for an all-black combination flashing a little bit of tummy. 
 I think there's something so cool about rocking up to a party in jeans, people often go so OTT that that no one gives them a second look, but sometimes it's much more eye catching to go for a good pair of jeans n boots. 


G I R L Y    B U T     R O C K 

One of the best things about Daisy's style is that she can do girly. However, there's always an element of tomboyish-ness [yes, that's a word] about the outfit. Here we have two different styles, lilac patterned dungarees and a lilac skater dress, but in both outfits she's wearing tatty, chunky boots. On the rare occasion you catch me in a dress or skirt, it's usually always teamed with my leather jacket and boots.
I draw a lot of inspiration from masculine designers as well as guys fashion in general, so I love the idea of contrasting girly and guyish together. I think the great thing about having a boyish style is that when you do dress up either at night or wear something a little girlier/fresher it's always got the 'wow factor'. 

D R E S S I N G    U P

If there's ever a red carpet or a celebrity event, I always keep my eyes pealed for what Daisy's wearing. I think that's definitely one of the areas she's most experimental & I'm the same [well minus the celebrity bashes n red carpets]. On nights out, house-parties or evenings in general I [reluctantly] put down the skinny jeans + plaid shirts and go for something completely different [eg: a jazzy shirt HERE].
 Daisy's outfit at the Elle Awards earlier on this year made me do a little excited dance. I think there's nothing cooler [cool is the word of this post appaz] than a girl in a suit, think Angelina Jolie @ the Oscars. The blazer and trousers combo Daisy went for looked so unique with the sheer//cutout shirt oh and lets not over look the bowtie. Then we contrast again to the pic on the left where Daisy takes a more feminine route. Just google 'Daisy Lowe red carpet' and you'll be blown away by how chic and sophisticated she can look whilst wearing something completely out there. It sets her apart from the crowd in a classy way. That's another thing to love about Daisy, you won't see her doing a Miley Cyrus. 



All in all, I could probably ramble on about Daisy's insane style forever. I take a lot of inspiration from her eclectic sense, pairing things that the laws of fashion wouldn't usually agree with and making them look really effortless. Messy hair and boots are always a good idea in my opinion. I love that Daisy knows what suits her and she always looks so confident and comfortable within her own skin, which I think makes someone 100000x more attractive than they already are. I think it's always great to have the contrast between jeans and a leather jacket during the daytime, with messy hair and minimal make-up to night time where you can look as put together and vamp up your outfit, creating the shock factor. 

Daisy inspires me to be totally confident with my own style choices, to wear that frilly pink dress with my Doc Martins and to wear a suit while everyone else has gone for another dress. She manages to take a tomboyish look, add a feminine twist and rock it.




No comments:

Post a Comment