Pages

Friday 16 May 2014

sometimes your words just hypnotise me


If there's one benefit to a ripped skinny jeans & t-shirt attitude to life, it's that when it comes to nights out and house parties, you'll always have the shock factor. There's nothing I love more than experimenting with night style. I don't steer far from my indie/grunge vibes but always try to put an edgier twist on it.

This missguided over-sized shirt had me at 'paisley'. Coachella and Kylie Jenner have got me hooked on paisley print, so while I'm obsessing over this shirt, I'm keeping my eyes pealed for that perfect paisley playsuit [try saying that when you're drunk]. 


Of course this outfit comes teamed with messy hair, a smoky eye [post coming soon] thanks to Maybelline Colour Tattoo shadows and my extremely tatty heeled Chelsea boots. The twist comes in the form of my incredible vintage Versace clutch - isn't it just *dribbles*. Controversial, but when I got given this, I did rough the leather up a little because I'm all about the 'tatty, well worn look'. Adding a pop of colour through my Maybelline NY Colour Show Bleached Neon in Chic Chartreuse [mouthful, I know] nails. 


I will admit, I was a little disappointed that this shirt wasn't a tiny bit longer as advertised on the model so that I could get away with it as a dress [HERE] but as you guys can see, I definitely have to wear a LBD or bum-shorts underneath. The shirt itself is a gorgeous silky material and fits really well, baggy in the right places, tight at the collar and cuffs. The colourway is super unique, I love the purple, greeny tones and monochrome base. Missguided did good

THE BREAKDOWN
OVERSIZED PAISLEY SHIRT - missguided.co.uk
LITTLE BLACK DRESS - asos.co.uk
CHELSEA BOOTS - new look
FRILLY BLACK SOCKS - dorothy perkins 
CLUTCH BAG - vintage versace 
NAIL VARNISH - maybelline bleached neons in chic chartreuse 


No comments:

Post a Comment