Pages

Monday 31 August 2015

THE OLYMPIC STADIUM | 28.8.2015

[Bomber Jacket : TOPMAN | Black Crop Vest : H&M | Bra - URBAN OUTFITTERS | Jamie Jeans - TOPSHOP | Kicks - NIKE]

On Saturday 28th August I had an experience I'll never, ever forget. 



There's no denying I am a huge sports fan. You name it, I'll watch it, play it, know the rules. I practically grew up on the side lines of Richmond Rugby Club's pitch, I spent a lot of my childhood playing numerous different sports for a million different clubs and as I got older my passion for sport hasn't changed. As I've grown up, I've definitely become frustrated at myself that I didn't stick at anything but sport is something that comes naturally to me but just because I don't take part doesn't mean I don't watch it religiously. 

Baring that in mind, as well as the fact Stratford is my patch - it's kinda crazy to think I've never set foot inside the Olympic Stadium. 




We were welcomed straight into hospitality in the 'London Lounge' and from that you walked out on a little runway into the stadium. [You can kinda get the feel for that from the video above]. It was madness. Absolute madness. That walk out into the stadium is the closest I'll ever get to walking out of the tunnel at a sporting event. It was crazy, it goes really bright from where you've been inside and then your eyes adjust and you're in the midst of this enormous arena. Needless to say, I was extremely overwhelmed. 

I think it was the mixture of finally seeing the Olympic Stadium before it's turned into a football stadium [boo, damn you West Ham] and knowing that I'm in the same walls as all the Olympic medallists...looking down at the exact lanes Usain Bolt ran in. 


So before I get caught up in the moment, I should probably explain the reason I was there. The Rugby World Cup is just weeks away and believe me I could not be more excited. [Com'on the All Blacks...I mean England...] To get in the spirit I'm going to a couple of the warm up games and I was invited to the Olympic Stadium to see the first ever rugby game played on the grounds, Samoa VS the Barbarian's. 


I'll be the first to admit I didn't expect 41,000 people to turn out or for the game to be very good, but both teams played exceptionally well. I got really into the game and I couldn't believe how incredible our seats were, we were right at the centre of the pitch and all but down on the tracks. It was also pretty cool to see one of my All Black hero's Ali Williams play. 
I'm still not totally over how lucky I am to have had this experience, to witness the Olympic Stadium like this. It was just crazy and I also feel very special to have witnessed the first rugby game played there. I just want to say a huge thank-you to the person that gave me this opportunity, you know who you are, a thank-you to all the extremely nice stewards working at the event and to the amazing drunk Kiwi woman I made friends with. 

****

I have a million and one photos but I'm going to keep it short and sweet. I just wanted to share this memory because I know I've been totally AWOL. I'll catch up with you guys soon because a lot has happened. I'm hoping to get some fashion posts up this week and I'll be at Twickenham next Saturday so you'll no doubt see that plastered all over my blog and social media! I'm so excited to see England VS Ireland in the last warm up match before the World Cup.

I've mentioned it on Twitter, but thank-you for 50 followers. Especially considering how shit I've been at posting this summer BUT autumn/winter is on it's way and we all know that's my time to shine. 

See you soon guys!
Gabi 

Social Media
Instagram @IAmGabiLenihan
Snapchat @IAmGabiLenihan
Tumblr @IAmGabiLenihan







No comments:

Post a Comment