Pages

Thursday 13 February 2014

the fresh start

This all feels really strange writing on a completely fresh blog under a new URL and what not, but sometimes a fresh start is well and truly needed. 

I've actually been blogging on and off for almost two years, which is crazy. I know a lot of bloggers have been at it for much longer than that, but for me to persist with something and not loose interest is actually quite unique. Don't get me wrong, I loved my old blog [gabididwhat] but it was getting to a point where I was writing blog-posts for the sake of it, they weren't very good quality and because of that, I was starting to lack interest. My theme, old posts and what-not were beginning to really annoy me so I just drifted away.

I really love blogging and I really love fashion, so in a moment of madness I decided to scrap my old blog and start totally fresh. I'm now 18, with a job and once I've finished Sixth Form in a few months I have a whole gap year ahead of me before University, so I have the time and potential to really put a lot of love and effort into my blog. Fashion is something I'm really interested in and that'll be the main focus of this blog, but I'll also throw in lifestyle & beauty posts here and there. I feel that now, I actually know what I'm talking about and I won't just waffle on, so fingers crossed the quality of this blog will be a lot better than 'gabididwhat'.

Speaking of 'gabididwhat', I'm not going to delete it because I've been writing it since I was sixteen so it's quite funny to look back at and cringe...but I won't be using it from now on so there won't be any links to it on my social networking anymore. Oh and if anyone was wondering, GBLNIHN is 'Gabi Lenihan' abbreviated which is my name, obviously. I didn't want to do 'gabriellalenihan' because I felt it was a little bit boring, so yep, it's a bit weird but GBLNIHN it is! 

Other than that, there are plenty of other places to find me on the internet [all links at the top of my blog] so send me a little tweet or message and I'll be more than happy to check out your Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, blog etc. 

I'm really excited and motivated to get blogging again, so hopefully this blog will become something I'm super proud of with content I'd actually read myself. 

So, see you in my first proper blogpost! xo


No comments:

Post a Comment