Pages

Monday 21 September 2015

#LFW RUNWAY RECAP SS16 | MM6 Maison Margiela, Versus Versace

What with London Fashion Week and the Rugby World Cup coinciding, I've been off form with my LFW updates. So today and tomorrow I'll be posting "Runway Recaps" of some of my favourite collections showcased over the past few days. 

Kicking it off we have SS16 collections from Maison Margiela and Versus Versace. 

MM6 MAISON MARGIELA
If there's one fashion house you can always rely on taking classic pieces and putting insanity-induced-spins on them...its Maison Margiela. The entire collection was rough with a street edge. The accessories were centric to the collection and introduced a sense of femininity to Margiela's notorious long-line baggy shape. Showing off sequin tights paired with chunky-flatforms, see through handbags and sequinned scarves. Margiela also took feminine dresses, twisting the classic concept by using bin-bag material [obvs]. I absolutely loved the pink metallic injection to an otherwise dark spring/summer collection.
I'm not nearly cool enough/nor ever in a position where I need to wear a bum-bag as a top to ever rock this collection but I really appreciate a unique twist on fashion week, when nowadays collections are merging into one another more and more.  



VERSUS VERSACE
It's absolutely no secret that Versace is one of-if not my favourite fashion house. It's all about fierce woman, dressed to kill [literally]. 
It's safe the say that the collection is my favourite of SS16 that I've seen so far. It was unapologetically fierce. We saw the classic silhouettes that we can always rely on from Versace, but this SS collection dared to implement a more casual vibe into Versus. With an injection of floral print and denim, as well as bomber jackets; this collection definitely had a street-style feel to it and I'm not complaining. Sticking to mainly monochrome colour palettes with the exception of deep greens and earthy blues/purples for the printed florals, Versus ditched the classic gold metal and switched it up for a more understated silver. 



Head back to my blog tomorrow evening to see my Runway Recap of Topshop Unique, Burberry and more. 
[all photo credit to VOGUE.co.uk & Tumblr]

No comments:

Post a Comment