Pages

Monday 7 September 2015

THE ONE BEFORE THE WORLD CUP | TWICKENHAM 05.08.2015


You guys know by now that I am a huge rugby fan! Last weekend I went to the Olympic Stadium to see the Barbarian's VS Samoa [post here] and this weekend was all about Twickenham. 

On the way into the game, I managed to say hi to Jack Nowell and Henry Slade as well as see old-pro Simon Shaw being interviewed. There were so many opportunities to get pictures with players [even in the Blue Room...keep reading] but I feel like rugby players are just normal guys and I felt more as if I was talking to a friend than being a "fan" if that makes any sense. I've grown up around rugby players and I've always found talking to them on a level rather than shoving an iPhone in their face is a better approach. 

Obviously, with it being the last warm up game before the 2015 Rugby World Cup, I had to nab a seat at Twickers [Twickenham Stadium]. Initially I was a little bit worried about our seat placement, but it turned out to be a great position. I always think it's a strange vibe watching any sports event live, but there's always an incredible atmosphere at Twickenham and with almost full capacity Saturday was no different. After England's dismal efforts in Paris, there was a lot riding on this game to give the fans the confidence that we might actually have a chance in the world cup and to get the boys in the right mind set. England came out strong, what with Jonny May and Anthony Watson [my main man] nailing tries straight away and we maintained that punch for the first half. Second half, Ireland came out strong as expected after a pretty poor first half and it was obvious England were tiring. Either way, we secured a 21-13 win over Ireland, leaving both the players, the coaching team and the fans a little more confident for the RWC that starts in just 10 days. 


The O2 Blue Room was so much fun [thanks O2]. We went in before the game for a free drink and to watch Vernon Kay run different mini-competitions, then headed there afterwards for the post-game chat. I was beyond happy when Ben Youngs, Jamie George and Anthony Watson came out. It then went to the floor for a Q&A which was equally interesting to hear fans questions and the guys responses. It was filmed, so when it goes live I'll whack it up!


All in all I had an amazing day at Twickenham as always. Shout-out to O2 and all that's left to say is BRING ON THE WORLD CUP!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment