Pages

Monday 3 March 2014

FASHION // Oscar's Weekend

Lets begin with the question that's on everyone's lips...WHERE THE FUCK IS LEO'S OSCAR? 
*and breathe*

The OSCAR's are done and dusted for another year, so I decided to do one big blog mash-up of all of tonight fashion including The OSCAR's Red Carpet, the Vanity Fair After Party and the Elton John Foundation OSCAR's Party. 

I thought I'd start the post with my two best dressed males, obviously Leonardo DiCaprio made it to the top of my list. There's something about this man in a tux that makes me wish all guys had to spend one day a week in a suit, then there's Benedict Cumberbatch who I most definitely have a crush a on.
Don't tell me there's anything better than a guy in a suit. Don't you dare. 


Right, onto my best dressed ladies of the OSCAR's 2014. 
In my opinion, there was a lot of the same and only a few ladies stood out to me. I love seeing people go for something eye-catching on the red carpet, but most of all flatters them instead of a designer putting them in a dress that they clearly aren't comfortable in/doesn't fit them. 


Lupita Nyong'o blew me away and was by far one of my favourite looks of the night. I adore the colour and cut of her Prada gown, teamed with a Fred Leighton headband her outfit seemed heavily influenced by a Grecian style. The dress flattered her frame incredibly well, looking elegant on the red carpet, if a little bit daring with the plunging neckline.

Of course Jennifer Lawrence made it onto my best dressed list [you may well see her again later on in this post], wearing a red Dior couture gown, Dior seemingly her go-to red carpet designer. I think J-Law looked so sophisticated and mature in this dress, but the colour gave it a youthful vibe. I love the peplum detail to give a little bit of interest to the dress, I like that it wasn't over accessorised. I'm not a huge fan of the hair ever since she chopped it all off but she looks gorgeous.

Emma Watson is flawless. No matter whether its hitting the streets in London or a red carpet at the Oscar's, she always manages to look incredible. I love her Vera Wang dress, the messy pony tail and the understated red lip. Emma seems to be one of very few celebrities that knows how to dress for herself/what suits her and she always manages to pull something really elegant out of the bag. 

Last but certainly not least, Margot Robbie. Anyone remember her as Donna on Neighbours? Well...I was a little shocked to see her iconic blonde locks now brown but I am growing to like it. However we look at this, she's wearing Saint Laurent and for me, that's a massive tick. I love seeing a black dress on the red carpet, people try so hard to stand out and go for something different, sometimes its a black dress that is the most eye catching. 

Onto the Vanity Fair afterparty.


I love award show after parties because 1) you get all the celebrities that weren't invited to the award-show rock up & 2) it's an outfit change into something a little bit jazzier. 

Rosie Huntingdon-Whitely looked a-m-a-zing. I saw this picture of her on Twitter and I felt a little bit sad because she does look so gorgeous. Wearing a Cushnie et Ochs gown, I love the sheer cut outs that give the illusion of shape, as well as the colour. I think her accessories and hair just added to the outfit, she looked so natural and glowing, while keeping an elegant vibe to her outfit.

Donatella Versace & Lady Gaga, need I say more? The two coolest, fiercest ladies around, with impeccable style and don't they looked as if they're mother and daughter. Both gowns are flawless and that's all I really have to say on the matter.

Jennifer Lawrence makes her second appearance in this post. This time in a Tom Ford dress, firstly I think this cut flatters her a lot more than any ball gowns she's worn to red carpet events - I adore the metalic silver and sheer cut outs, as well as the simple heels and I think that her hair is a lot better suited to this dress than the Dior gown. J-Law didn't pop Molly [lets hope], she just rocked Tom Ford. 

Onto the Elton John Foundation's Oscar after-party.


I know Versace when I see it and Irina Shayk looked absolutely incredible. Kind of reminding me of Jessica Rabbit, I honestly think Irina is one of the most beautiful models around at the moment. At the events I've seen her at, she's always got in bang on and similar to Emma Watson knows what suits her and how to rock it. 

Emily Ratajkowski is without a doubt my biggest girl crush ever. Her bod is perfect and her face is pretty damn beautiful too. Although she's famous for getting her body out, I love how demure she looked in the knotted gown above. Emily's make-up is always bang on, looking really natural and dewy - while her hair usually has a little bit of a messy vibe to it, I love this off the face style that show-cases just how pretty she is.

Last but not least are the Kardashian sisters. In my eyes, Khloe, Kim and Kourtney are some of the most fashion forward women on the Globe. I have to admit, I'm not a huge fan of the bottom of Kim's gown, but the top, mixed with the relaxed wave of her hair looked gorgeous. I have said this time and time again, I think women that can pull of a suit deserve more respect and appreciation, Kourtney looked effortlessly cool in her suit. But for me, Khloe was by far best dressed. Jessica Rabbit chic, I love a dark lip on Khloe and her newly blonde hair looks incredible. This gown showed off her amazing figure, with a daring but elegant plunging neckline. 


No comments:

Post a Comment