Pages

Wednesday 15 October 2014

KEW GARDENS // 10-10-14

It's fair to say, London means a whole lot to me in general..more than I can put into words but today I found myself falling head over heels all over again for one little corner of the city that once made up a huge portion of my childhood.
 Richmond, South-West London is that place that always makes me feel nostalgic about being a teeny-tot. I'd always visit Richmond with my Dad, whether it was to watch the rugby or to just stroll around. 'Till now I've always believed that I've been remembering Richmond through
rose tinted specs but driving there today to visit Kew Gardens, I realised it's just as beautiful as I remembered, even more so in the autumn. 


I'm sure you all know by now that naturally I'm a real tomboy but...I'm a sucker for plants and flowers. The dream is to own a house and just let ivy grow everywhere, have plants up and down the stairs, just a jungle really. So, being the lover of all things green, the botanical garden at Kew has been a place I've wanted to visit for ages and it was everything I dreamed of and more. 

This is  Jack & my surprisingly cheesy grin for the early-ish start of our journey. 

The grounds alone were absolutely beautiful. I could spend an entire weekend roaming around them. You'd stroll down one particular path and it'd bring you out at a lake or you'd end up at a greenhouse full of tropical plants. You literally feel as if you're not in the city anymore, but then every so often a plane would fly so ridiculously low overhead and remind you that you were. 


I hate heights and Jack had to all but force me up the steps but I'll admit the tree-top walk was spectacular. If you ever visit Kew, make sure you find this little area because it was well worth the fainting-feeling on the way up. 


The greenhouse we visited was all my dreams and more. I couldn't believe how beautiful it was. I love that rustic look and I kept saying "I wish this was my bedroom". I loved the white iron and the deep greens, it was just all so Tumblr, you know when you see these incredible pictures and it doesn't look real? It was so beautiful to actually witness with my own eyes. I just fell completely in love, walking through the jungle at floor level and climbing the balcony to see it from above. 


Every inch of Kew Gardens is a complete dream. It's looked after so well and it showcases just how beautiful nature really is. Some of the plants I refused to believe were real, they were that amazing. I have a massive amount of respect for the people that maintain and look after the botanical gardens, from the little museums there to every inch of the plants. 

It's well worth a day trip, just to escape city life and get back to basics.
I had one of the most amazing days in a long time, it's well worth every second. 










3 comments:

  1. Your photographs are so lovely Gabi. It looks like a lovely place - especially that little lake, I love anything with a little bit of nature involved. There are some really pretty places in London that are hidden and so underrated.

    Shannon, katepetali.blogspot.co.uk
    Hope you are doing well lovely. Miss everyone from college so much, it's so weird not having a little hangout with a huge group of friends here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shan! I'm doing great thanks babe, hope you are too?! Yeah same, it's so strange not being together on concourse together! Let's catch up properly soon chick x x

      Delete
  2. Such beautiful photography, looks amazing x

    ReplyDelete