Pages

Wednesday 21 January 2015

STYLE INSPO // OBSCURE COUTURE



Nowadays, it's rare you come across a brand that's unique, with a bold idea and the confidence to see it through. Enter: Obscure Couture.

I stumbled across the brand on ASOS:Marketplace in the search of a kick-ass dress. Long story short, O/C came to my rescue and ever since I've been drooling over their collections.

There's something so obnoxious about Obscure Couture but in the best damn way. Their pieces make the extrovert within me want to leap out.

Launcing in 2010, Obscure Couture are Glasgow based and pride themselves on being "anti-fast-fashion and anti-trends", as a brand... "we want you to be able to keep your Obscure for years and be able to pull it out time and time again." I love that the brand is all about self-expression and confidence, vocalising individuality and being ballsy when it comes to style.

I pledged at the end of 2014 I'd be braver and more experimental with my style in 2015 and I think Obscure Couture are the perfect place to get inspired. So, in my eyes here's some stand out pieces that inspire me to be a little wilder...

You guys know I am obsessed with neon/lime green and O/C fuel that addiction. I mean look at this god-damn dress, don't tell me you're not drooling...well I certainly am. [Please bury me in this little number.] I can't put into words how "me" this dress is, you guys know I love to experiment with style on night outs and stick to my tee's and jeans during the day, but com'on, I'd wear this to Sainsbury's if I could. 
PREACHER SEQUIN MINI DRESS - £150.00 [HERE]
DAHLIA SNOWJET JACKET - £95.00 [HERE]
ZIRCON JET JUMPER DRESS - £80.00 [HERE]
 As well as being totally bonkers, Obscure Couture also have pieces that you could actually wear to Sainsburys [not sure why Sainburys keeps popping up]. I'm a sucker for monochrome and the big fluffy coat in the 1st picture is the kind of rowdy 70s rockstar coat I think we all need. 
Then we have the classic long-length jumper dress with a little cut-out twist. It'd look great either dressed up or as styled above with chunky heeled boots, which lets face it will always be my go-to option.

The more vampy pieces are definitely right up my street, especially their AW13 collection "A Weekend in Hell". A million and one different looks spring into my mind when looking at the wide leg trousers bellow, I'm thinking a neon pop on top or going all out tailored and whacking a blazer and some chunky heels? Oh and the BEAST jumper, I love the off-the-shoulder vibe and the subtle texture contrast with the printed text. [I'm also having major hair-envy]

"A WEEKEND IN HELL" VEX WIDE LEG TROUSERS - £70.00 [HERE]
BEAST JUMPER - £90.00 [HERE]
WANTED RACER BACK MAXI - £55.00 [HERE]
FOLSOM GREEN LEATHER MINI SKIRT - £150.00 [HERE]
It's safe to say the two pieces above are enough to send me over the edge. I mean, the maxi dress is so delicate and gorgeous - although Obscure Couture are an in-your-face-in-the-best-possible-way brand, they also nail really simple pieces. Oh and you've most definitely seem me gushing over Twitter about it but LOOK AT THE LIME GREEN SKIRT, JUST LOOK.

-

There's a handful of reasons I'm kind of in love with Obscure Couture but their overall idea really resonates with me. As soon as I found personal confidence, style seemed so much easier and in these pieces you can't help but want to take the world by storm. It's important to remember that trends aren't everything, it's about dressing for you and behind all the whacky colours and eccentric pieces, I think that's what O/C are trying to say...fuck it, be 100% you.  
Obscure Couture aren't about manufactured rubbish, it's about quality and a real love for fashion, which goes a heck of a long way in my books. Creativity and boldness are things you rarely see nowadays, you can tell Obscure Couture love what they make and do and that's exactly how it should be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment