Pages

Sunday 25 January 2015

THE WEEK #1 | THE BOTTLEMEN, THE BANDS & THE OBNOXIOUS SUNNIES

2015 is all about the evolution of TheLenihanLook and as part of that, I want to make more lifestyle type posts. Yanno the ones where I give you a peak into what I get up to, rather than the odd outfit post here and there. I'm going to try to post a weekly round up every Sunday, with some snaps and chit-chat about what the week involved. I can't promise it'll always be that exciting, but that's life right?


1] On Friday evening, I saw one of my good pals James Burrage and his band, as well as four other acts preform in Essex. The venue was the coolest darn bar I've ever been in, going down into the basement with all exposed brickwork and mismatched chairs we saw the boys preform and hung out with them afterwards seeing the other acts. I also [partially] fell in love with the guitarist in E-Mute and his insane man bun. They're also the nicest guys, [we made friends] and I can't wait to see them play Camden next Friday. 

2] The obnoxious shades. Taking a little trip into town, I stumbled across these ace mirrored tinted sunglasses from New-Look and although one of my friends Kirsty refused to walk beside me, I'm in love with them. We also may have made a little pit-stop to Maccas in which we drunk milkshakes and I created a band name/logo on a napkin, yanno as you do. 

3] Hanging out of windows in Shoreditch to take snaps of sunsets. 


4] On Monday, I went back to Sixth Form which was very strange. Something big is happening in my life at the moment [all to be revealed soon] and I needed to tie up a couple of things. Pretty tragic that I had to wear a visitors badge at all times.

5] Tan. Guys, if you haven't seen Tanya London's artwork, what the heck are you playing at. I was blown away when she surprised me with this illustration of me. [The crazy ass hair is pretty accurate.] You can view her stuff on her Insta|HERE or her new Blog|HERE, please go give it a look she's so damn talented. 

6] Probably THE most exciting half hour of the week, getting tickets to see Catfish and The Bottlemen for their gig at O2 Brixton Academy in November. I am so obsessed with this band, The Balcony has surpassed many an album and made in into my top 3 of all time. The boys are so darn cool and I cannot wait to see them live. In scarier news, by the time I see them, I'll be 20. 

7] This week I've rekindled my love for charity-shop and vintage shopping. Luckily there's never a shortage of ace places to go and have a snoop. Sometimes I really do wonder why I pay ridiculous ££ when I can pick up a mens sherling jacket for £15. I'm planning on writing a post all about charity shop bargains very soon, so keep your eyes pealed. 

Some very exciting things were thrown into the mix this week and I can't quite talk about them yet, but when I can you guys will be first to know. 

Happy Sunday everyone, what did you get up to this week? 

No comments:

Post a Comment