Pages

Friday 29 August 2014

LET'S TALK SHOES // SHOE COLLECTION

It seems that I have an obsession with shoes. The shoes featured in this post are the ones that I'm wearing at the mo, I'll probably do a full-shoe-collection post one day but it's an extensive collection and I thought we'd just chat about the most worn and favourites! 


ZARA // £99.99 
The Zara on Regents Street is my fave store. I spend so much time in there that the guy with the blonde pony tail that looks like he could be on the cover of VOGUE knows my name. I brought these ages ago and I just fell in love as soon as I saw them. Real leather, they're such a cool take on ankle boots - I love the cut outs and how soft the leather is, with the cowboy esc curve to them. 


ZARA // £12.99 [estimate]
I'm not a huge heels girl any more, on nights out it's always a pair of chunky heeled boots and I'm good to go, but sometimes there's events that need something a little more classic and these babies are the answer. I'm all about thick heels and it's nice to have a little bit of patent finish in my shoe collection. I think the ankle straps add a little bit of detail, but don't detract from an outfit. 


DOROTHY PERKINS // £35.00 [here]
These boots just urgh. Dorothy Perkins AW14 boots are just perfect. I could snap up every single pair [I basically have], the design, fit...just everything is ace. This A/W I am loving pointed toe ankle boots, they're so classic and similarly to VANS can be worn with everything but are just a little smarter. These are the comfiest boots I've ever brought and I'm not just saying that! I wear these pretty much every day to work and they're the bomb.com. 


DOROTHY PERKINS // £39.00
As soon as I set eyes on these babies, I knew they were mine. I'm much more of a heeled boot gal on nights out and my go-to night out boots [see later on in this post] from New Look are on the way to their death bed so I wanted to find a replacement ASAP. These are just gorgeous, reminiscent of the Jeffrey Campbell Scully platform boots with the ridged sole, I just loved the simplicity of these boots. They're such good quality, super comfy and a great height for day to day, as well as night time antics. 


DOROTHY PERKINS // £35.00 [here]
Told you I was on a boot rampage. These are basically the suede version of the ones above but you can never have enough boots right? I also love the croc-print on the heels, an added bit of detail. Again, for all the same reasons as above I am head over heels in love with these boots. It's got to a point where choosing which boot to wear is more stressful than actually picking an outfit itself, who thought I'd see the day? 


DOROTHY PERKINS // £45.00 [here]
I cannot wait till the weather gets rainy/cold so I can wear these bad boys. I've been struggling to find 'that' pair of knee high boots for the winter for quite a while now and then I stumbled across these and oh my lord. I just want to grab hold of DP and squeeze them. These will look so cool with ripped skinny jeans, my Topshop duster kimono - all black, or monochrome, they're the ultimate accessory to any AW outfit.  


DOROTHY PERKINS // £30-£40.00 [last autumn winter] 
These boots are always over-looked in my shoe collection, it was only when I dug them out for an OOTD [here] that I realised just how much I liked them. Incorporating a sports-luxe vibe into any outfit which has been bang on trend this SS, I kinda wish I'd worn them more in the spring/summer time. I wore these all the time at Sixth Form, the heel isn't that high and they're super grippy on the sole so they're easy to walk in and navigate the cobble roads I had to tackle on a daily basis. 



TOPSHOP // £26
Summer has been all about Birkenstocks. At first, I hated the trend but after a while, I gave in. I won't lie, these shoes did give me hella bad blisters wearing them day in day out, so I do recommend a break and change of shoes - but these Topshop Birk imposters are perfect to sleep on and go. 


VANS [classic] // £40 
If you don't have a pair of classics VANS, you're doing to wrong. These are the best shoes ever. Converse suck, it's all about Vans. The ultimate pull on and do anything shoes, that go with everything and you can wear until their death [it takes a lot to destroy a pair of vans]. Honestly, this was the best investment I ever made - some people may think "why the hell would you pay £40 for a canvas shoe" but let me tell you, it's so worth every penny. 


NEW LOOK // £30.00 [estimate]
I've had these boots for three years, they were brought by my best mate as my 16th birthday present. I can't explain to you guys how much these boots have been through, they've been worn to many a house party, walked into many different shops and let me tell you, you can tell. I absolutely love battered boots and these are the perfect example of that [you can swivel the heel round on one of them, oops!] the heels and leather are scuffed, ripped and worn but these are the boots that I'll wear till I can't wear them any, which could be very soon. 



PRIMARK // £15.00
These are a very recent addition to my shoe collection. My friend Harriet brought a pair of black Timberland's for her birthday back in February and I've been lusting after a pair ever since, they're so cool. To see if I can justify the money I nabbed these imitations from Primark and I'll see how I get on. But even though they aren't real, they're still beautiful. 

All in all, it's pretty easy to see the trend in my shoe collection. Black and simplistic. I know I use it as an excuse to buy more shoes, but I genuinely don't think you can ever have enough black shoes. They're timeless and I totally think investing in a quality/expensive pair is always worth the money. 

BOOTS BOOTS I LOVE ME SOME BOOTS. 

No comments:

Post a Comment