Pages

Monday 9 February 2015

MARQUES ALMEIDA & AN ASOS INTERPRETATION



Ever since the latest ASOS mag landed on my doorstep, I've been obsessed with this look. It's not an idea I'd usually gravitate too, but there's something effortlessly cool about it.
Lately, WhatOliviaDid has become my bible for inspiration. It blows me away how amazing Olivia's wardrobe is and one thing [amongst many] that she nails are looks built around denim skirts. So, plenty of inspo for this particular OOTD then, eh? 


I discovered Marques Almeida through TOPSHOP and after looking into their brand, I've been lusting after their pieces for ages now but totally unaware of the label [eg: Kylie Jenner's ace denim shirt-dress here]. I've wanted an A Line button up skirt for a while now, so when I saw this from the Topshop collaboration, I snapped it up. I don't own any deep blue denim so this is a great investment piece for my wardrobe, I love the distressed edges and the silver hardware. Annoyingly, it's miles to big around the waist for me, so aside from this post I usually wear it a little lower on the hips but other than that it's the skirt of my dreams. 



I'm planning to do another "Shoe Collection" post soon so we can drool over these sandals properly, but how gorgeous are they? Dorothy Perkins are on-pointe with their shoes at the mo. 


THE LOOK
sunglasses - DOROTHY PERKINS [last spring/summer]
shirt - TOPSHOP [sale]
skirt - MARQUES ALMEIDA X TOPSHOP
sandals - DOROTHY PERKINS 
necklace - H&M 

No comments:

Post a Comment