Pages

Monday 16 February 2015

POLICE & FLASHING LIGHTS, THE RAIN CAME DOWN SO HARD THAT NIGHT




Let's face it, I can re-create ASOS covers all I like but I'm most comfortable in jeans and a leather jacket. 
Today, it's all about MOM jeans and although I absolutely love the aesthetic I find them so damn hard to style. I threw this look together and it's by luck more than anything that it's worked, but I've got to admit, I took a little inspo from Alex Gaskarth's look during his stage invasion of YMAS at Reading last year [here]. 

 It's quite a clumpy look but I love that vibe. It's got a grunge/boyish feel and that's the zone I'm most comfortable in. There are elements within this look that help to break it up and lift the initial heaviness, the plaid shirt adds texture and breaks up the outfit smack bang in the middle of the body, you've got the sheer element and cut outs of the Topshop tee and the daintiness of the layered necklace. Broken down, there's definitely A LOT going on but I'm loving it. 

Oh the mane of mess [aka my hair] is back, I gave up on straightening it because it really can't be tamed. 

THE LOOK
leather jacket - H&M
cut out tee - TOPSHOP
mom jeans - TOPSHOP
plaid shirt - DOROTHY PERKINS
boots - DOC MARTENS 
watch - MENS CASIO
necklace - H&M



No comments:

Post a Comment