Pages

Saturday 6 September 2014

#NYFW // ALEXANDER WANG


It's that time of the year again. In prep for London Fashion Week, here's my breakdown of the Alexander Wang S15 collection debuted at New York Fashion week on the 6th September 2014.

If there's one collection I've been looking forward to at #NYFW it's Alexander Wang. I adore the brand, it's got such an effortlessly cool vibe. 

Wang's latest collection stuck true to his sportswear roots, incorporating geometric prints, as well as using a predominately monochrome/grey base contrasting it with a neon pop. Of course the pieces still channelled the androgynous vibe we all know I love so well, with tailoring focusing on the waist, with high necklines, cut outs and backless features. 


Monochrome based looks, the shoes implementing neon pops of colour. Sleek pony tails add to the androgynous vibe. Tailoring focuses on the waist, high collared shirts. Strong looks, with sharp clean cuts on the pieces. I love the male structure but the feminine twist to the pieces within the collection.


Geometric neon prints teamed with black. Again, emphasis drawn to midsection, high necklines with asymmetric patterns.


Two of my favourite looks within the collection. I adore the high waisted cigarette trousers that have a sportswear twist. Textures varying from scuba material on the geometric dresses, to leather and mesh. As I mentioned on Twitter I love the monochrome base mixed with the electric blue. We all know I love tailoring as seen in such brands as Saint Laurent and to see that mixed with sportswear/streetstyle was brilliant. 

The collection definitely featured some iconic Wang pieces but there was an enormous focus on tailoring and prints. Of course as always the soundtrack was on-point, with a huge crowd gathering for the runway show. 

Wang seems to produce consistently brilliant collections. All including a street style vibe, with a strong powerful look, bold colours and insane tailoring. There was almost a futuristic theme to this collection which I really liked, adding a unique twist to an incredibly original designer. In my opinion, an insane collection. 


all photos credit to Tumblr [Alexander Wang tag]



No comments:

Post a Comment