Pages

Friday 19 September 2014

I LOOK UP TO THE SKY & IT FALLS

I'm an obsessional perfectionist, yup, not just a perfectionist but an obsessional one. You guys have no idea how stressed I get over my blog, I fuss over the little things like the composition of photos, the lighting, the colours, the layout, the content...every little thing and it's all led to me loosing my blogging mojo.

It's so frustrating 'cause I have so many outfits I want to post but everytime I take snaps and come to writing a post I get so annoyed by the littlest things - so in a bid to get the mojo back I'm going to try my hardest to not stress over the little things and focus on the fashion [try being the key word]. Strange intro to this post but I just wanted to explain the lack of posts at the moment! 


It's that time of year in the UK, just before autumn where the weather goes a little crazy. It's freezing in the mornings but by midday it's boiling sweaty weather [laaavely]. So as you can imagine, planning an outfit for a day where the temperature is going to fluctuate so dramatically is a nightmare. In the past couple of weeks I've been in and out of central London for various reasons and for a handful of them, jeans and t-shirt just don't cut it. 

The look above is something I've been loving and living in. It's a different look for me, it's rare you'll see me in a midi skirt these days but this striped number from Dorothy Perkins is just ace. It's one of those pieces that can be really formal but can also be mixed with a slouchy jumper and boots for a more casual get-up. I brought out the ZARA strappy heels, which instantly reminded me why I love my heeled boots so much. All in all, it's something a little different for me but I really love the general aesthetic of this look.

striped midi skirt - DOROTHY PERKINS | crop-top - TOPSHOP | leather jacket - H&M | heels - ZARA | silver leaf & 'L' necklaces - DOROTHY PERKINS 

1 comment:

  1. Adore this look, the skirt is gorgeous as are you! x

    ReplyDelete