Pages

Monday 15 September 2014

#LFW // BURBERRY PRORSUM SS15

 It's no secret that Burberry are a brand I am head over heels for. In the past three years, regardless of the collection or event, I've not missed a second. There is never a doubt in my mind that Christopher Bailey and the Burberry team will produce a flawless collection. I'm in the midst of writing an overall post about my love for the brand, so stay tuned for that; but today all eyes are on the Burberry Prorsum SS15 collection and oh my lord, it's a incredible.

SS14 and AW14 were two shows that'll always stick in my head and although I have faith in Mr Bailey, I couldn't help but think they were incredibly hard acts to follow - but as per usual, Burberry never fails to amaze me. It's been so tough to condense the runway collection, so if you're interested in seeing it in all it's glory head over to VOGUE's runway gallery here

photo credit: @Burberry [instagram]
The collection picked up on many of the reoccurring trends for SS15 but of course, in Burberry's unique manor they added their own twists and interpretations. Incorporating a hint of the sportswear trend without drowning the pieces in it with a pair sneakers here and there, the collection was an ode to the British countryside - filled with deep, rich colours a contrast to pastels that are oh so common in spring/summer collections. There was a huge emphasis on texture in this show, mixing tulle with denim, some lace and PVC panels on the trench coats; bold prints and sheer elements were also a key part to the collection.



The show began by introducing crop jackets, dark denim as well as a monochrome denim number, teamed with the sportswear sneakers and overly feminine layered [cobweb] tulle skirts. I'm a massive lover of the contrast of masculine elements with feminine pieces so in my eyes this was a great start. 


The show maintained momentum working its way through colour palettes that blended seamlessly into one another. Initially, I thought the colours were a little AW but now the shows done, I can see the earth/nature inspiration that Burberry drew on. Similar to what we've seen already from the likes of Alexander Wang, there's a strong emphasis on the waist next season - Burberry using ties made of tulle around the waist to bring the outfit together. Birkenstock type sandals were also visible within the collection, it'll be interesting to see the response to them. I love the rich colours in the looks above, with the flowing pieces brought together in the middle, of course only establishing the strength of the iconic trench coats within the look. 


Speaking of trench coats, Burberry really experimented with bold prints in this collection as well as layering and texture. I absolutely love the pastel blue PVC type elements with the deeper blue on the second trench coat above.


 Menswear as usual was spot on. Mixing the traditional trademark tailoring with trainers, as well as bold prints to add depth to the layering - the menswear couldn't be any sleeker and cooler. Also I can't put into words how much I love the oversized satchels that were visible on the runway. 


Deep, earthy colours, sheer, pleated tulle and flats - Burberry making their mark on Spring Summer 15. Of course, the finale wowed with bold, printed trench coats. 

Embedded image permalink
photo credit: @Burberry [Twitter] "The Bee Bag backstage ready for the @Burberry finale in London #LFW"

Overall, the Burberry Prorsum SS15 collection blew me away. I know I'm a little biased as I'm obsessed with the brand but every single season Christopher Bailey manages to incorporate trends, the iconic elements of Burberry but still give us something new and unique. The venue and runway looked incredible, the live musicians that are always present, the FROW are always comprised of the coolest people - every inch is brilliant. This collection showed that Burberry have their own view of SS15 and there's no doubt in my mind that as far as trend setters go, they'll be at the top. 

photo credits: Tumblr/VOGUE.co.uk/Twitter/Burberry media outlets. 


No comments:

Post a Comment