Pages

Monday 1 September 2014

HAUL // TOPSHOP X TOPMAN X DOROTHY PERKINS X PRIMARK

Other than ZARA [very exciting post coming soon] and Urban Outffiters, I'd probably say that Topman/Topshop is my favourite high street store. You all know that I love guys clothes, not only are they often cheaper and cosier, they're right up my street style-wise. I also thought I'd add in some of the pieces I've picked up from Dorothy Perkins and Primark. So here's some ace pieces I nabbed recently.

TOPSHOP
£48.00 // Size 10
I am obsessed with all things duster at the moment. You've all seen my duster kimono from Topshop and now I've added this gorgeous knit cardigan to the duster family. It's made of that rough mohair material, it's the perfect slouchy fit. I'm not an enormous fan of cardigans but this is button-less and doesn't have that granny vibe. It looks ace with MOM jeans, chunky boots and a stringy vest top - but it's honestly a piece that can be styled so many ways and will no doubt be born a tonne this autumn/winter.

£10.00 // size 14
In my opinion you can never have enough basic tee's. The great thing about Topshop is that they offer simplistic jersey tops but in different variations so they're all a little bit different. I saw this top and fell in love with the back. To begin with I wasn't an enormous fan of the drop neck front, I don't usually expose that much chest, but when I tried it on I loved it. Made of a super soft cotton, I'd recommend sizing up at least 2x to get that baggy fit as I tried on my usual size 10 and it just didn't have a great fit.

Obviously, I nabbed it in black as well.

£10.00 // size 14
TOPMAN
£18.00 // size S
Topman are getting it so right at the moment. I love the "extreme oversize fit/extra long length" of this t-shirt as not only can I wear it with leggings, boots and a cardi, but it can also double up as a t-shirt dress with heels on a night out, a similar look to the all white oversize tee I brought from Topman a while ago [look here]. This is a gorgeous speckled grey material, with a textured feel. It's a great layering piece for autumn/winter.

£22.00 // size S
 If there were ever a piece to define my love for Topman it's this sweater. Topman pieces are always super simplistic but great quality and have a great fit, which is everything I look for. This sweater is incredibly thick and snuggly, with the softest fleece lining. The same 'oversized/extra long length' as the tee above, it again can be worn with leggings or tights when it gets colder. I tend to buy pieces like this in mens shops as they always have that baggy, shapeless feel that I'm going for - there's no doubt that if I picked this up in a woman's store it'd be short on the body, tight in the wrong places and at least double the price.

DOROTHY PERKINS
£35.00 // size 10
We all know I'm a lover of anything boyfriend fit, so this boyfriend blazer is right up my street. Monochrome with a dog tooth print, white based instead of black which makes a nice change; I fell in love. It fits like a dream, plus check out those massive pockets? HEAVEN. I love the 80s vibe this blazer has going on, as I said to the girls at work you can wear it super casually or dress this up - it's going to be an intrinsic piece for my AW wardrobe. 

£39.00 
 Oh *shock* another pair of black shoes. Oh *double shock*, another pair of Dorothy Perkins boots! If you've read my Shoe Collection [here] you'll know I'm obsessed with DP boots at the mo and these are no different. These really remind me of the Jeffrey Campbell 'Scully' platform boots [here] with the ridged bottom to the toe part of the sole and the straight block heel. I have another pair of boots similar to these but they're slowly getting to the tatty that's just not acceptable. These are much better quality and so comfy, the heel height is perfect for day to day wear as well as night time antics and I just love 'em. 

PRIMARK

Not much from Primark, there are loads of cool pieces in there but I've reached a point where I'd rather spend a little bit more money for quality than throwaway pieces that P-mark has to offer. Believe me ZARA gave me a much better offering [haul soon].  

£10.00 // size 8
 I didn't really love the fluffy-jumper trend in AW13 but I saw the black version and for £10, I thought I'd give it a while. I'm seeing this as a great piece to add texture [obviously] and I'm loving the idea of this with my leather mini skirt and the boots above. I was super surprised that a size 8 fitted perfectly, I'm always a size 10 but I wanted this to be quite a tight/well fitting piece in contrast to most of my slouchy jumpers. 

£15.00
I've been dying to get my hands on a pair of black Timberland's ever since my mate Harriet got a pair for her birthday. Not only are they like gold dust, but they're ridiculously expensive. Similarly to Docs, I've managed to nab this imitation pair to test out whether they're worth the money. With Doc Marten's I found I wasn't that fussed ultimately not buying an official pair, so we'll see how these go. They're something a little heavier than my boots and I think they'll look fab with MOM jeans. 

So here's some more basic pieces for autumn/winter that I can't wait to show you styled in some looks coming up on my blog.
There's another haul coming soon featuring an incredible piece from ZARA so keep your eyes pealed for that!

1 comment:

  1. Great style! I especially love the blazer... definitely following!

    ReplyDelete