Pages

Monday 29 September 2014

COLLECTIVE HAUL | ZARA, TOPMAN, TOPSHOP

[please ignore the eczema on my arm in some of these snaps :-(]



October is a month of madness. What with working full-time, rushing in and out of Central London for loads of different reasons, attending a couple of exciting events, gigs and let's not forget I'm 19 at the end of the month; it's going to be crazy. On one of my last free Sunday's for a while, I hopped on the tube and spent the day shopping with one of my best-buds Maddy who recently moved away to Uni. Here's the stuff I picked up. 

ZARA
No one does autumn/winter like ZARA. Hitting the Regents Street store, I had to show a massive amount of self-control 'cause their shoe collection is just flawless at the moment; but I managed to grab a couple of gems. 

£9.99 | size S
I've learnt that if you can afford it, which I only can nowadays thanks to working full-time, investing money in good quality basics is the best foundations for any good wardrobe. ZARA are one of the best high street stores to do this. I'm well aware you can nip to Primark and get this top for £4 but for an extra bit of $$ you get a better quality material, a better cut and all round nicer top. This top is pretty simplistic but it's a great layering piece and the horizontal stripes and monochrome add a bit of detail.

£29.99 | size S
I saw this dress and just fell-in-love. I'm having a massive love affair with midi skirts all over again, teamed with a pair of chunky boots and leather jacket it's an effortlessly cool look, plus I find the shape really flatters my figure. Slightly longer than midi, this long sleeved light-knit dress fits me like a dream. I think the neckline is really unique and all together it's a great piece to have for autumn/winter. 

£12.99 | size M
Electric blue is probably my favourite colour to wear [besides black, but that's a shade *smart ass comment or what*]. I'm desperate to get my hands on a bodycon electric blue dress but I saw this and it's satisfied my needs for now. Basic lightweight jumpers are an essential at a moment and a pop of colour can't go wrong. 

TOPMAN
You guys know me and Topman have a bond and it was re-established this weekend. I'm in the midst of writing a post about why I love buying boys clothing so much so I won't babble on but their pieces are so ace at the moment. 

£32.00 | size S
As well as electric blue, deep greens are going to be making an appearance in my AW14 wardrobe. I love the mix of this type of green with my skin tone and I can't help but love everything about this jumper. Slightly oversized, slouchy and warm as anything - it'll look ace with ripped skinny jeans and chunky heeled boots. 

£30.00 | size S
IT FINALLY HAPPENED. I've been obsessing over a turtle neck sweater for weeks now and it was the first time I saw when I walked into Topman. Don't worry, this will be featured in many a look coming up on my blog - I have big plans for this simple, versatile piece for A/W.

TOPSHOP
Basic central. Topshop's a little OTT for me at the moment, so while I wait for it to hold back on the sequins and embellishments...I stocked up on some basics. 

£8.00 | size 8
Deep green...again? Get used to it guys! I love this crop-top, I've already worn it too work. I'm seeing it with midi skirts and the trousers you can see peaking out in the photo [sorry about the shit quality, it's been a gloomy day!]. It's another attempt to add a little colour into an outfit, I find high necks really flattering as they take the attention away from 'dem boobz. 

£10.00 | size 10 
I've got this basic jersey tee in grey and black, I wear them both so much that it only made logical sense I nab it in white. I give it an hour of me wearing this tee before I spill something down it or draw on myself...but hey, it looks nice all fresh and un-stained doesn't it? I love the necklines and general cut of these tops!

£10.00 | size 10
Again, I basically bought the top above with a high neck...you can never have enough basics...right?


Hope you guys enjoyed this little haul, there's an accessory haul to follow so keep your eyes pealed for that. 
Hope you had an ace weekend & Monday wasn't too painful! 
G - 





1 comment: