Pages

Thursday 4 December 2014

HAUL | TOPMAN X URBAN OUTFITTERS X H&M X TOPSHOP

I really suck at buying Christmas presents. I come up with all these ideas then 'accidentally' wander into Urban Outfitters and ten minutes later I've got some rad new clothes and no Christmas pressies. So, here's some of the bits I've picked up recently!

U R B A N   O U T F I T T E R S

size S | Sparkle & Fade | £22 

Inspired by Lexi [FashionFilth] and all the rad cut-out clothes she rocks, I've been on the hunt for the perfect piece. Obviously, I didn't have to look any further than Urban Outfitters, more specifically Sparkle and Fade. They're a brand I absolutely love, it's usually full of black androgynous pieces. I love that this particular top can be transformed from a laid look in the day to a more eye catching night time look. Slightly longer at the back than the front, as well as being a little bit sheer - it's one of those great throw on and go pieces that we all know I love. 

T O P M A N

NEW YORK printed tee | size S | £16.00

I really can't put into words how much I love TOPMAN at the moment. You guys all know by now that I'm a jeans and tee gal, which is actually a lot harder than you'd think. I'm forever on the hunt for tee's that have something unique about them but aren't too obnoxious. So, of course, as soon as I saw this upside-down NEW YORK printed tee, I had to have it. Monochrome, rolled sleeves and minimalism...what's not to love? 

khaki heavyweight bomber jacket | size M | £45 [buy HERE]

I've already featured this bomber jacket in an OOTD [HERE] but I wanted to talk about it all over again because I've seriously fallen in love. 
I've been looking for the perfect bomber for a while now. I initially wanted to get an all black with silver hardware but as soon as I saw this khaki colour I ditched that plan. I'm well aware that Topshop are offering an all but identical version but I just prefer the less fitted structure of the guys option. It's so darn warm and looks ace with an all black outfit. All in all, it's the perfect laid back jacket.

T O P S H O P

sleeveless ponte jacket | size 10 | £42 [buy HERE]

To see one of the ways I styled this click HERE. I picked up this sleeveless jacket in Selfridges after drooling over/taking inspiration from the insane Zadig and Voltaire AW14 collection. It's the perfect layering piece, as well as integrating a different shade into my usual all black outfits. Plus, it incorporates that slightly more formal edge to my 'just rolled out of bed' look, a contrast I love teaming together.

textured sleeveless tunic | size 10 | £34 [buy HERE]

AW14 for me has been all about deep, rich greens. I love mixing this shade in with an all black outfit, I think the contrast works really well together. I nabbed this tunic mainly as a piece for work 'cause I have to switch up my style from a little less 'just rolled out of bed' to 'smart, en-trend and appropriate for the brand'. As well as that, I wanted something a little smarter than usual for dinners and events over the festive period. The only downside to this piece is the material, it's that crepe type stuff that's a bitch to iron - but all in all, I love the shapelessness to the tunic, with the split up either side, the high neck and the longer back. 

H & M

[I am wearing a top promise, it was my sports bra hence it not being visable!]
size XS | £7.99

H&M are always an great place to buy basics, you can't go wrong with their basic mini skirts for £4.99 or their slightly thicker jersey midi skirts [above] for £7.99. I think a good, curve hugging midi skirt is essential for any wardrobe, either to wear with a slouchy jumper or a crop top on a night out. 

size S | £14.99

I brought this piece purely on impulse, [KB I'm looking at you] and I loved it. I got it home, styled it and loved it...but a week or so later, I'm just not so sure. Ignore the black bodycon dress, we're looking at the ankle length sheer dress. It's so cool, but I'm not 100% sure I'm cool enough to pull it off. I was thinking of adding a pair of chunky heeled boots, a dark lip and what not but I'm dead worried it'll look completely ridiculous. 

All in all, these are some of the pieces I've picked up lately. Now someone follow me around and slap my wrist if you see me buying anything else than Christmas presents! 

1 comment: