Pages

Thursday 25 December 2014

WHAT I WORE | CHRISTMAS DAY + DAD'S SURPRISE

'APPY XMAS EVERYONE!
I hope you're all having an incredible day with your family, friends and pets! 



In the Lenihan household, Christmas day is all about pjs, Jack Daniels and eating everything in sight. 

THE LOOK 
tartan pj shorts - PRIMARK | jersey crop top - TOPSHOP


DAD'S SURPRISE
There's nothing more important to a Lenihan than music. 
Without my Dad, there's no way I would've known about so many ace bands. He introduced me to ACDC and Def Leppard, which I've listened to on repeat since I was little and are without a doubt still to this day, two of my favourite bands ever. Although he loves more bands than I'll ever be able to list, Status Quo will always be his favourite. 

Dad has been to so many gigs and seen so many cool bands but he never talks about them the way he does about seeing Quo at their final show in Milton Keynes on their End Of The Road tour. You know when someone talks about a band/gig and you know it means more to them than you'll be able to put into words...it's always been like that. Dad always pulls THIS video up on YouTube and point out where he was in the crowd. 

SO after hours and I mean fucking hours of work, tracking down and two smashed photo frames [I am as coordinated as a blind walrus], I managed to find this news paper clipping from an actual newspaper in 1984 [it's a 30 year old piece of paper] advertising the gig. It's so rad, it has all the dates, times and support acts on it. It's so so crazy to think when I watch the videos that my Dad was in the crowd, 19 years old, with no idea he'd be listening to all his favourite bands thirty years later with his daughter. 

If you don't have that one band you just love more than anything, [which really sucks for you] you probably won't understand the sentimentality behind this but I've never seen Dad speechless and it made all of the stress worth it! 




1 comment:

  1. I hope you had a lovely day Gabi! The suprise for your dad is so sweet. Merry Christmas to you and your family & have a wonderful new year xxx

    ReplyDelete