Pages

Thursday 12 March 2015

NOTTING HILL

It's days like yesterday that make me super appreciative that I live [part-time] in the East of the City. It means as soon as the sun comes out I can nip 'cross town on an adventure. After a rocky start to the week I set my sights on hanging out in Notting Hill, joined by one of my favourite humans ever, Maddy. 


Why Notting Hill you may ask? Well, not only do I rarely ever travel West [except the occasional trip to Shepherd's Bush and/or Ravenscourt Park], Notting Hill also happens to be the location of my favourite film on the entire planet..."Notting Hill."

Now, I should probably explain that when it comes to films I hate chick-flicks/romantic comedies, if there's no explosions and guns within the first 60 seconds you've lost me [I'm a boy, I know] but there's something about "Notting Hill" I love. It's so damn British, it's sarcastic and pokes fun at itself but it's one of the reasons I fell so madly in love with London. From the sunshine and flower markets on Portobello, to the quirkly little coloured houses to the private gardens. I remember when I first saw the film, I just fell in love with how magical London seemed. Don't get me wrong, I know it's romanticised as hell and sneaky editing cuts out all the rubbish bits of the city. Although I spent a lot of my childhood in and around the city, I just wondered whether when I grew up the city would still be as magical to me. And it totally is. Even if it's for different reasons.


It wouldn't have been a trip to Notting Hill without visiting the book shop featured in the film...even if it's actually located hidden away in Portobello.

Of course I was such a nerd and took a selfie [which will never see the light of day] outside and then went inside and brought a canvas bag, chatting to the ladies about how I was wondering if Hugh Grant was about. [They were lovely, I'm sure they've heard it a million times]. 


Then, Maddy and I got completely lost. For girls that know all the short cuts and back alleys around the city, we're hopeless. BUT I discovered the house of my dreams. 


Just look at that quirky design, that ivy, those white walls...damn. *loser alert*


 All in all, it was the perfect breath of fresh air, I don't feel like I'm in London morning. I really needed to go and wander about in the sunshine for a while. 
Notting Hill is really sweet but I wouldn't change my Shoreditch in for it. 




2 comments:

  1. great post !!!

    love your blog




    would love to know your thoughts on my new post Jadiee'sLittleBlog

    MyBlogloving

    MyFacebook

    Have a nice day

    Jade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou love! I'll be sure to check it out xx

      Delete