Pages

Monday 16 March 2015

T H E - C L O S E T - C O N F I D E N T I A L - T A G


Before we get into this, let's take a moment to talk about my gal Lola [who tagged me to do this]. Not only is she the loveliest girl you'll ever speak to, she's got THE coolest style. Kanye you've got serious competition from this lil honey. If you haven't seen her blog, go...run...now
>  IXMLOLA.com 

Today, we're doing a clothing Q & A, so if you're nosy to have a little peek into my closet, hang around! 

THE OLDEST ITEM IN YOUR WARDROBE 

BY far the oldest and most expensive item in my wardrobe, a vintage Versus Versace dress. I've not actually worn this, unless you count prancing round to 90s music pretending I'm Kate Moss, but I'm saving it for when I'm the girlfriend to a famous rockstar and so I can wear it with Doc Marten's at their headline gig at Glastonbury. Yeah, I've thought about it don't worry.

THE NEWEST ITEM[S] IN YOUR WARDROBE? 

I actually brought these two pieces quite a while ago but they've not seen the light of day on my blog, so let's chat about them. I really want to incorporate a little 70s into my look but it's proving harder than expected. I love my denim pinafore from Topshop that I got in the sale last year and this summer, I think it's going to be a love affair with this tan number. I also nabbed this turtle neck horizonal striped crop-top to either wear underneath the pinafore until it gets a little warmer or with MOM jeans, of course. 
pinafore - BUY HERE | crop top - BUY HERE

THE BIGGEST BARGAIN

NOTTING Hill is to thank for this next item. [note to self, you'll always find the best bits in charity shops in the richer areas of London]. The Cancer Research shop just off of Portobello had so many Urban Outfitters/Urban Renewal pieces for under £10 and I would've gone crazy if I had a little more $$ in the bank. I managed to snap up this crop-top for just £6 and I can't stop wearing it [OOTD coming soon]. I feel like you guys are gunna see this piece a lot this summer. 

 THE CHEAPEST/MOST AFFORDABLE ITEM THAT I WEAR/USE A LOT 



I didn't quite realise just how much TOPSHOP there was going to be in this tag & it's purely coincidental but honestly, I've found their basics to be the best. Yeah you can go to Primark and pick up basics for a couple of ££ but they just don't last, to be fair I'm not saying these will go on for years and years, but they do last a heck of a lot better than other basics I've tried. 

v-neck vest BUY HERE | ribbed crop cami BUY HERE | strappy cami BUY HERE
cold shoulder ribbed top BUY HERE

THE BIGGEST WASTE OF MONEY? 

HONESTLY *impulse buy* doesn't even sum this up, because I love this dress so damn much and I'm hoping what with current trends - summer 2015 will be the season for this Kate Moss collection dress [even if we are a year late]. I just haven't had the right opportunity to wear this, I want to either wear it on a night out somewhere cool [not my local dodgy bars] or at a festival with Doc's and a sh*t tone of tribal jewellery. Was it worth the money, probably not, but I'm such a snob I'm glad I managed to nab something from the collection. 

- 3 FAVOURITE ITEMS? - 
 BUY HERE
NO explanation needed really, this bomber jacket is like a second skin to me. Probably the best item of clothing I brought all of 2014 I will wear this until the sleeves fall off, even then, I'll wear it.

*SALE* SOLD OUT
I pretty much wear these shoes 24/7 regardless of whether I'm at work or heading on a night out - they're the best. I'm kinda annoyed I didn't pick up a second pair cause they were only £20 in the sale and I'll be gutted when these babies die. They're just the perfect boot to toughen up an outfit without enduring the pain my Doc's cause on every outing. 

BUY HERE
I'VE been after a pair proper blue vintage looking MOM jeans and I managed to nab this pair in my local Topshop, they were the last pair so it must've been fate. Similarly to the bomber jacket, it's rare you'll see me in anything but these bad boys. 


I really enjoyed doing this post, so much so I think I'll do this every now and then as my wardrobe changes and evolves. Like a monthly favourites but a less-regular-monthly-favourites-for-clothes-not-beauty-cause-I-suck-at-make-up.

Thanks to Lola for tagging me. There's no doubt you'll see us in another collab soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment