Pages

Sunday 15 March 2015

THE WEEK #4 | A ROUGH START BUT IT GOT BETTER

There's no fancy snaps today guys, it's just a stream of conciousness, the usual layout will be back next week. 

I've not been myself for a while. This happens sometimes. I just go down, really quick, out of nowhere. Last week the sun was shining and I was so damn happy but within about 24 hours I just felt the depression creeping back. I suppose in a way, I'm lucky it's not consistent but when it hits, it hits hard. There have been things going on lately in my private life that have just been getting me down as well as that, I've become really unhappy with my figure after all the hard work I put in at the end of last year I've just gotten lazy [but then it's not as if mind state has been promoting motivation] and Monday it just hit me. I just couldn't be bothered anymore, so I went to bed at like 6PM and cried myself to sleep. How lame. Two things I never ever do are cry and/or go to bed that early, I'm a 2AM kind of girl. I think it did me the world of good as it kind of got it all out, whatever 'it' was, but at the same time it's exhausting getting to that point and picking yourself back up all over again. This happens to me every few months. Again, as I've said in posts before I am in no way trying to get your sympathy 'cause at the end of the day, we've all got shit going on - but I want you guys to get to know me and all the 'real life' stuff in these #TheWeek posts. 

Anyway, after a rough start to the week, I took a 2 day break from social media and believe me that did the world of good. When I'm down, I always go looking for stuff that almost reaffirms why I'm sad and on the internet - it's not hard. You guys know I've started my new job and I was there all day on Tuesday, I got to work with the loveliest lady, Alex, who's just as fashion-mad [if not more so] than me and we just had a really productive day. Just taking that breather and stepping away from the web did the world of good, even if it was for 36 hours. 

On Wednesday, I met one of my closest and oldest friends Maddy in Notting Hill and we just spent the day hanging out. You can see some snaps HERE if you fancy. After a little explore around the Notting Hill Portobello area, we headed up to Regent's Park and one of my favourite lil corners of London, Regent's Canal [insta picture: HERE]. I'm in the midst of writing up a post with some snaps of the area, so I'll tweet or instagram the link when it's up [both: @TheLenihanLook ]. I then headed back to Shoreditch to hang out with the boys at their place.

 I've got a couple of questions on Tumblr as to why I don't really ever mention or instagram about my hangs in Shoreditch or the boys. The reason is, it's my happy place, it's where I go to escape shit and it's just a corner of my life I want to keep private, plus it's not their world. Sometimes you've just gotta have a place you can go that is your own, away from everything. 

I've come out of it quite quickly, which if you suffer from depression is always a "am I going to go back down twice as hard" but I'm feeling so productive and motivated at the moment, which I'm trying to make the most of. I'm feeling really refreshed and I've got some cool ideas I'm working on for TheLenihanLook and now I've got my head back in the game I'm hoping to upload a lot more. I'm also working on something really special at the moment but I'm keeping it top secret [how annoying of me] but I cannot wait to start sharing little snippets. 

I'm not really sure what this post was but sometimes it's nice to just ramble away, even if no one reads this, it's done me some good to reflect on the week. 
Here's to a much better 7 days. 

How's your week been?

Oh and this time next Sunday I'll be in Kingston with just an hour until I see All Time Low at an acoustic gig - yes, that is the sound of me exploding internally with excitement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment