Pages

Wednesday 18 March 2015

REGENTS PARK & REGENTS CANAL

You guys know there are a million and one reasons I am madly in love with London and believe me, there's no city on Earth I'd rather call my own. I know not many people are lucky enough to live in or nearby to London, so this year I want to take you with me and show you the real London. Not Big Ben and Embankment but all the hidden paradises within the city.


Today, we're cutting right through the heart of Regent's Park and heading straight to Regent's Canal, aka one of my favourite secret hideaways. I discovered this little place at the end of last summer and in summer, it was so beautiful but it didn't shape up too bad on my return last week.



There's nothing like London's parks in the summer. Crowded by people wanting a little bit of that country escape in the middle of the city; but they're also gorgeous this time of the year what with spring just around the corner. 

Anyway, onto Regent's Canal. 



Once you've cut straight through the heart of Regent's, you'll come out onto possibly the most wealthy street you'll ever lay eyes on. I'm talking armed guards at the gates of these houses, it's crazy. You'll then cut down onto a little side road that brings you out to a bridge over the canal. Take the bridge, once across, make your way down onto the walkway beside the canal, it looks dodgy as hell but if you're into that dingy vibe it's pretty rad. Just keep walking. 

[ALSO en-route make sure you ruin all your friends artist photography shots with the lunge-stance]

THEN...after walking for so long you kinda wanna hurl yourself into the canal...you find this...





It's such a cool vibe there and it's the perfect place to take some rad snaps. Me and Maddy [in her trainers...if you're reading this Maddy hahahahahahahaha] chilled with a stray cat, strolled through here and enjoyed the last of the days sunshine. It's just a little place that not many people go, it's kind of the shitty version of Little Venice but with just as much character. 

No comments:

Post a Comment